If you're buying a brand new house in or around El Paso and think you don't need a home inspection, consider some of the issues we have discovered in new, and often, custom-built homes:
- holes left in roofs
- broken or cut roof trusses
- improperly wired outlets/switches
- no insulation in the attic
- improperly wired electrical panels
- cracks in bathtubs/showers
- foundation problems
- shower valves improperly installed
- missing flashings on the roof
- modified breakers in the electrical panel
- unsafe door landings
- missing smoke detectors or CO detectors where required
- incorrect breaker size for the refrigerated air unit(s)
- improperly installed windows
When you look at buying a "NEW" home in Horizon City be aware that your 2019 home is only required to be built to the 2008 National Electrical Code (NEC) and 2009 International Residential Code (IRC).
El Paso City homes are built to the 2014 NEC and 2015 IRC. Therefore, as a result, the home you choose may not be as safe as another built to newer standards. Many changes happen over the years for safety. Ask your builder what standard they build to and call us to inspect your new home.
Get In Touch
Please contact us for more information or to schedule an inspection.