CARBON MONOXIDE DANGER

April 24, 2011
<pCarbon Monoxide: This odorless, colorless gas is toxic and may even kill you. And you may not even realize it’s in your home! We recommend fossil fuel burning appliances be inspected annually by professionals of that field. Typically, the danger comes from fuel-burning appliances such as; furnaces, stoves, fireplaces, clothes dryers, water heaters, and space heaters, as well as automobile exhaust from attached garages. During home inspections, I frequently find the door to the garage from the living area with a pet door or a window in it. This door should be fire-rated and have no openings in it. Water heater and furnace flues are also frequently not connected safely. Low levels of Carbon Monoxide gas may cause headaches, dizziness, disorientation, nausea, and fatigue, according to the EPA. Hallways adjacent bedrooms should have CO detectors installed. Higher levels can lead to impaired vision and coordination, headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, confusion, unconsciousness and, at very high concentrations, death. If you have gas logs in your fireplace and it is rated for wood burning as well, make sure you have a “C-clamp” or damper clamp at the damper to allow combustion products out of the home. With gas logs, no smoke is usually seen even if the damper is closed. If you need your home inspected in the El Paso area or have a question, call us to take a look.

TEL : 915 490-3160

Mon to Sat - 9:00 am to 8:00 pm

Contact NOW!
close slider
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]